School Code of Conduct
- To be kind, honest and gracious to everyone
- To respect our teachers, elders and friends
- To care for our school community and property
Attendance and Punctuality
- Students are to report to school punctually by 7.40 a.m. A valid medical certificate or letter must be submitted to the form teacher if a student is absent.
- Students will be issued a warning if he/she is repeatedly late. Disciplinary action will be taken against repeat offenders.
- A Short Message Service (SMS) will be sent to parent/guardian when a student logs in the biometric scanner late.
- To sing the National Anthem and take the pledge with our right fist placed over the heart (for Singapore citizens only)
Illness, Absence from School and Procedure for early dismissal
- Attendance is compulsory for all students on school days. No student should leave for holidays before the term ends.
- A student should not be absent from school for a long period without any medical reason. In the event of an emergency, permission has to be sought from the Principal. Permission would be granted on a case by case basis as assessment dates would be taken into consideration.
- If a student is absent, a medical certificate must be submitted to the form teacher the day when the child returns to school.
- Parents / Guardians who wish to take their child home early must obtain permission from the Principal/Vice-Principal. A sick student is not allowed to go home on his/her own. An adult member of the family must accompany him/her.
School Attire – Be a proud West Springer! Be neat and properly attired.
- Students must wear the prescribed P.E. attire and should not modify the school P.E. attire
- Jackets / sweaters / caps worn must be in grey
- Only black shoes are allowed
- High-cut design or multi-coloured shoes are not allowed
- Socks must be at least two fingers above the ankle
- Only plain white socks with the school logo are allowed
Hair and Personal Hygiene
- Hair must be kept short and neat at all times
- Fringe must be above the eyebrow
- Male students must be neat in appearance, clean shaven and no facial hair (moustache or beard) is allowed
- Boy’s hair should be short and neat. It should not touch the ears and the collar
- Girl’s hair should be tied up and fringe clipped neatly
- Hair gel, wax or cream are to be used only to keep the hair neat and not for styling purposes
- Hair must be of original colour at all times
- Nails should be kept short and clean
Use of Accessories
- Hair accessories should be in black only
- No jewellery to be worn in school (for e.g. rings, bracelets or arm/ankle bands)
- Only simple and small ear studs are allowed for girls