FAQs for Home-Based Learning@WPS
(Updated on 8 April 2020)
1. What are the Operating System and Browser Requirements for SLS?
The following are the recommended operating systems:
- Windows laptop/desktop with Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and later
- Apple laptop/desktop with Mac OS X 10.9 and later
- iPad with iOS 8 and later
- Android tablet with Android 5 and later
- Preferred browser is Google Chrome or Safari. SLS might not work well on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
2. If we need to reset SLS / Mc Online for our child, what do I do?
- Go to this online form to reset SLS password, go to: http://go.gov.sg/wpssls
- Go to this online form to reset MC Online password, go to http://go.gov.sg/mcreset
3. I have reset my child’s SLS or McOnline password several times but he/she still cannot log into SLS / McOnline.
- Go to your Google Chrome browser, make sure you clear all browser data, under history > clear browsing data. Make sure that the time range for clearing is the last 7 days. Close and open to browser once again.
- Username: Check properly that it has been typed in properly. Should you be resetting passwords, we advise not to use CAPS. The format of your user name is a combination of the first 5 characters of your child’s name and the last 4 digits BC# including the alphabet.
- For example, Alex Toh, T1234567B. His SLS / Mc Online username will be: ALEXT4567B
4. My child’s SLS account has been locked. What do I do?
- Refer to question 1.
- Your child’s SLS account will be locked after 6 consecutive attempts to log in with an incorrect password. Go to htt://go.gov.sg/wpssls to let us know your problem and we will get back to you soonest.
5. My child is taking more than 2 hours to complete the HBL assignments but the school has allocated certain timing for each level for HBL every day. Can my child still access the previous days’ HBL?
- We recommend that all work assigned for the day has been completed by the end of each day.
- We understand that your child needs more time to be familiar with the features on SLS, thus they may need more than the stipulated timing.
- The lessons have been planned to last no more than 4hrs per day and the timing is simply a guide for your child. They will still be able to access the HBL lessons planned for the day after the stipulated timings, They will be able to go back to the previous days’ lessons. Teachers will be monitoring the completion of work each day and contacting your child to provide assistance should they require any.
6. Why is it that my child has completed all the sections of the work but the SLS system still reflects that my child as not completed?
- They might have forgotten to click submit upon completion of each question. If that is not the situation, please call our school’s hotline at 6314 4192 and we will help to address the issue.
7. Can SLS run on mobile phones?
- You can access SLS from internet browsers installed on your mobile phones or equivalent devices. However, the system is currently not optimised for use on these devices.